Updated: Aug 25
Treat yourself to a guilt-free slice of heaven with our gluten free Keto Cloud Cake topped with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, boasting both a light and fluffy texture and low-carb goodness.
This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own.
Looking for a delectable dessert that fits perfectly into your keto lifestyle? Look no further than our Keto Cloud Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting! This light and airy cake, adorned with a rich vanilla buttercream frosting, will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track with your low-carb goals. Created with wholesome ingredients and a touch of culinary magic, this recipe is delicious, making it an excellent choice for celebrations or anytime you crave a slice of indulgence.
Beyond its exquisite taste, our Keto Cloud Cake boasts an array of nutritional benefits. By emphasizing wholesome ingredients and low carb elements, this dessert becomes a delightful ally in your dietary journey. Laden with healthy fats from cream cheese and butter, as well as protein from eggs, this cake provides sustained energy without the subsequent carb crash. What's more, the use of Swerve, a keto-friendly sweetener, ensures a delightful sweetness minus the notorious sugar spike, making this cake a prudent choice for those managing their blood sugar levels.
Creating the Recipe
My journey with this delightful recipe began as I searched for a dessert to celebrate my anniversary. I eat a carnivore diet rich in animal foods with the occasional keto treat on special occasions. Wanting something sweet without upsetting my stomach (as I don't fare well with almond or coconut flour), I embarked on creating the perfect treat. This cake also made an appearance at my son's birthday, where I added keto-friendly rainbow sprinkles to the batter and the top, transforming it into a funfetti masterpiece. The result? An absolute hit that my son adored. Thus, the Keto Cloud Cake emerged as our family's favorite keto cake, allowing us to maintain our keto lifestyle with a touch of sweetness. As a side note, cake decoration is not my strong suit! This cake doesn't look professional by any means, but that's okay because it's delicious!
KETO CLOUD CAKE
For the Cake:
This recipe yields two thin 9 inch round cakes. To make a four layer cake you will need to double this recipe. For a carnivore version of this recipe, omit the vanilla extract and sweetener, and use our homemade whipped cream recipe for the frosting. You can also serve this cake with our carnivore icecream recipe!
8 large eggs separated
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup confectioners Swerve
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioners Swerve
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Preparing the Cake: Begin by preheating your oven to 300°F (150°C). Grease two round cake pans with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper to prevent any sticking.
2. Whipping the Egg Whites: Carefully separate the egg whites and yolks, placing the yolks in a separate mixing bowl. In your stand mixer, whip the egg whites on high, adding the cream of tartar until you achieve stiff peaks.
3. Mixing the Yolk Mixture: Take the bowl containing the egg yolks and add the softened cream cheese, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to blend until the mixture is impeccably smooth.
4. Combining the Mixtures: Gently fold the egg yolk mixture and powdered Swerve into the whipped egg whites. Ensure that the powdered Swerve is thoroughly incorporated to maintain a consistent texture.
5. Baking the Cake: Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cakes acquire a beautiful golden brown hue. Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
6. Vanilla Buttercream Frosting: In your stand mixer, combine the softened butter and powdered Swerve. Begin mixing on low to prevent any sweetener clouds, then increase the speed. Incorporate the vanilla extract and sea salt into the mixture, and continue beating on high for 2-3 minutes until the frosting becomes delightfully light and fluffy. If necessary, you can adjust the frosting's consistency by adding heavy cream if it is too thick, one tablespoon at a time.
7. Assembling the Cake: Gently release the cakes from the pans by carefully running a knife along the edges and flipping them out. Once the cakes have cooled completely, lavishly frost each cake layer, the top, and the sides with the delectable vanilla buttercream frosting.
Indulgence meets intention with our Keto Cloud Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. This tantalizing dessert not only offers a symphony of flavors and textures but also aligns seamlessly with your low-carb lifestyle. Whether it's a momentous celebration or a simple craving for something sweet, this cake promises to grace your table with joy, all while ensuring your commitment to a guilt-free, low carb experience.
If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments and you can also give this recipe a rating. Thanks in advance for your help! I hope you enjoy.